DIY Download: Pre-Wedding Fiesta Invite

We already had a fabulous giveaway last week and it was such fun, I’ve decided to keep the freebies coming!

Cyd over at The Sweetest Occasion asked me to write a guest post on her blog this week and I pulled together a fun, Cinco-de-Mayo-inspired board for a Pre-Wedding Fiesta. In case you’re inspired to whip up your own fancy fiesta, I’ve created a FREE downloadable invitation template (with matching address labels) just for you!

The invitation design takes its cues from the inspiration board – a fun, fresh color palette of seafoam, emerald and a touch of a tangy yellow, along with design details inspired by papel picado and traditional Mexican motifs.

For a more spicy option, there’s also a second version of the invitation included in the download which was inspired by this recent color palette.

The template is super simple to use – all you need is Adobe Acrobat Reader (which you can get for free here if you don’t have it already).

For the invitation:
Type your wording in the template, print on cardstock and trim using the cropmarks as a guide.

For the address labels:
Type your return address in the template, then print on Avery labels #5164 (3 1/3″ x 4″, 6 labels per sheet).

Click below to download… and have fun!! If you decide to have your own pre-wedding fiesta, I’d love to see photos!

Download Pre-Wedding Fiesta Invitation
  • Elissa

May 19, 2010 at 4:29 pm

LOVE THESE! I am going to use them for my rehearsal dinner that is at a mexican restaurant! It is not until October but I am so excited to use these! Thanks!!

Elissa

• gia at betsywhite

May 20, 2010 at 9:36 am

Sounds perfect!

• Rachel

May 20, 2010 at 2:31 pm

Ooh I LOVE it! Thank you so, so much! I’ll be linking.

• Rene'@bargainhoot

May 23, 2010 at 10:03 am

Oh…my these are so pretty…Thank you for the free download!!!

• Elissa

June 1, 2010 at 3:50 pm

I am working on making the invitations now and I cannot edit the font (of the personalized area) in any way… is this normal?

• gia at betsywhite

June 1, 2010 at 7:14 pm

Hi Elissa,

I used a standard font for the template so that the file can be opened and used on any computer without having to download or purchase a specific font. You can change the font though, if you have Adobe Acrobat Pro. Here’s what you would do:

1. Open the template in Acrobat
    2. Go to Tools > Advanced Editing > Text Field Tool
    3. Click inside the text area on the template and a Text Field Properties window will pop up
    4. Go to the Appearance tab and you’ll see a dropdown menu at the bottom where you can choose a font from your computer

Hope this helps!

• elissa

June 22, 2010 at 7:50 pm

@gia at betsywhite, there is not an advanced editing option..when I go to tools it just has select and zoom, analysis, and customize tool bars… there seems to be a text editing tool bar but there is a star by that option which means “it is only available when document rights are enabled” It doesn’t let me select it.. I redownloaded Adobe but its still like that.. Maybe I will call Adobe and see what the deal is!

• elissa

June 22, 2010 at 9:13 pm

@gia at betsywhite, Just spoke with Adobe.. they say I must have acrobat 9 (not the free reader edition of adobe) to be able to change the font.. it is $299 :( Unfortunately I won’t be able to use these invites!

• Heidi

July 16, 2010 at 11:14 am

I am having a small wedding with a large reception after the wedding is there any way to change the “pre-wedding fiesta” to a “post-wedding fiesta?”
    Thanks

• gia at betsywhite

July 16, 2010 at 11:30 am

@Heidi:

I’m sorry but the title on the invitation is fixed artwork… sorry it won’t work for your event :(

• sara

January 23, 2011 at 11:09 pm

Do you have matching invites for purchase? i looked on the webiste for invites and did not find any??? if you have how much per invite? im having a destination wedding in Mexico and these would be perfect!!

• gia at betsywhite

January 24, 2011 at 4:00 pm

@sara: We actually will have this design available in the store very soon! I’ll email you the details.

• sara

January 25, 2011 at 6:33 pm

what font do you use for the information in the invite? for the wording and what not?

• merium

March 22, 2011 at 10:40 am

these are great, but I wish there was a non-wedding version for those of us who would like to celebrate Cinco-de-mayo!

• Stephanie Rothbauer

May 2, 2011 at 12:54 am

BEAUTIFUL! These were exactly what I was look for. I hope you don’t mind if I share on my blog and link back to your site. I’m so glad I stumbled across your blog. I’m your newest biggest fan! Cheers!

• gia at betsywhite

May 2, 2011 at 9:32 am

@Stephanie Rothbauer: Sure! Feel free to link back… and welcome to Flights of Fancy! :)

• Jamie M

January 2, 2013 at 6:02 pm

Love these! Do you know what font is used in the picture? I am trying to make mine look just like yours!

• jessica

June 12, 2013 at 10:07 am

Love these! Thank you for sharing such lovely designs :)

• Loreen

July 14, 2014 at 4:23 am

This piece of writing is truly a fastidious onne it helps new net people, who are wishing for blogging.

5 Trackbacks