DIY Download: Pre-Wedding Fiesta Invite

We already had a fabulous giveaway last week and it was such fun, I’ve decided to keep the freebies coming!

Cyd over at The Sweetest Occasion asked me to write a guest post on her blog this week and I pulled together a fun, Cinco-de-Mayo-inspired board for a Pre-Wedding Fiesta. In case you’re inspired to whip up your own fancy fiesta, I’ve created a FREE downloadable invitation template (with matching address labels) just for you!

The invitation design takes its cues from the inspiration board – a fun, fresh color palette of seafoam, emerald and a touch of a tangy yellow, along with design details inspired by papel picado and traditional Mexican motifs.

For a more spicy option, there’s also a second version of the invitation included in the download which was inspired by this recent color palette.

The template is super simple to use – all you need is Adobe Acrobat Reader (which you can get for free here if you don’t have it already).

For the invitation:
Type your wording in the template, print on cardstock and trim using the cropmarks as a guide.

For the address labels:
Type your return address in the template, then print on Avery labels #5164 (3 1/3″ x 4″, 6 labels per sheet).

Click below to download… and have fun!! If you decide to have your own pre-wedding fiesta, I’d love to see photos!

Download Pre-Wedding Fiesta Invitation
  • Elissa

May 19, 2010 at 4:29 pm

LOVE THESE! I am going to use them for my rehearsal dinner that is at a mexican restaurant! It is not until October but I am so excited to use these! Thanks!!

Elissa

• gia at betsywhite

May 20, 2010 at 9:36 am

Sounds perfect!

• Rachel

May 20, 2010 at 2:31 pm

Ooh I LOVE it! Thank you so, so much! I’ll be linking.

• Rene'@bargainhoot

May 23, 2010 at 10:03 am

Oh…my these are so pretty…Thank you for the free download!!!

• Elissa

June 1, 2010 at 3:50 pm

I am working on making the invitations now and I cannot edit the font (of the personalized area) in any way… is this normal?

• gia at betsywhite

June 1, 2010 at 7:14 pm

Hi Elissa,

I used a standard font for the template so that the file can be opened and used on any computer without having to download or purchase a specific font. You can change the font though, if you have Adobe Acrobat Pro. Here’s what you would do:

1. Open the template in Acrobat
    2. Go to Tools > Advanced Editing > Text Field Tool
    3. Click inside the text area on the template and a Text Field Properties window will pop up
    4. Go to the Appearance tab and you’ll see a dropdown menu at the bottom where you can choose a font from your computer

Hope this helps!

• elissa

June 22, 2010 at 7:50 pm

@gia at betsywhite, there is not an advanced editing option..when I go to tools it just has select and zoom, analysis, and customize tool bars… there seems to be a text editing tool bar but there is a star by that option which means “it is only available when document rights are enabled” It doesn’t let me select it.. I redownloaded Adobe but its still like that.. Maybe I will call Adobe and see what the deal is!

• elissa

June 22, 2010 at 9:13 pm

@gia at betsywhite, Just spoke with Adobe.. they say I must have acrobat 9 (not the free reader edition of adobe) to be able to change the font.. it is $299 :( Unfortunately I won’t be able to use these invites!

• Heidi

July 16, 2010 at 11:14 am

I am having a small wedding with a large reception after the wedding is there any way to change the “pre-wedding fiesta” to a “post-wedding fiesta?”
    Thanks

• gia at betsywhite

July 16, 2010 at 11:30 am

@Heidi:

I’m sorry but the title on the invitation is fixed artwork… sorry it won’t work for your event :(

• sara

January 23, 2011 at 11:09 pm

Do you have matching invites for purchase? i looked on the webiste for invites and did not find any??? if you have how much per invite? im having a destination wedding in Mexico and these would be perfect!!

• gia at betsywhite

January 24, 2011 at 4:00 pm

@sara: We actually will have this design available in the store very soon! I’ll email you the details.

• sara

January 25, 2011 at 6:33 pm

what font do you use for the information in the invite? for the wording and what not?

• merium

March 22, 2011 at 10:40 am

these are great, but I wish there was a non-wedding version for those of us who would like to celebrate Cinco-de-mayo!

• Stephanie Rothbauer

May 2, 2011 at 12:54 am

BEAUTIFUL! These were exactly what I was look for. I hope you don’t mind if I share on my blog and link back to your site. I’m so glad I stumbled across your blog. I’m your newest biggest fan! Cheers!

• gia at betsywhite

May 2, 2011 at 9:32 am

@Stephanie Rothbauer: Sure! Feel free to link back… and welcome to Flights of Fancy! :)

• Jamie M

January 2, 2013 at 6:02 pm

Love these! Do you know what font is used in the picture? I am trying to make mine look just like yours!

• jessica

June 12, 2013 at 10:07 am

Love these! Thank you for sharing such lovely designs :)

• Loreen

July 14, 2014 at 4:23 am

This piece of writing is truly a fastidious onne it helps new net people, who are wishing for blogging.

• elegant plus size cocktail dresses

September 30, 2014 at 8:06 pm

Have you ever considered about adding a little
    bit more than just your articles? Imean, what you say is fundammental and all.

But just imagine if you added some great pictures or video clips to give your
    posts more, “pop”! Your content is excellent but with images and videos,
    this blog could undeniably be one of the greatest in its field.
    Superb blog!