DIY Download: Paper Bag Favor Labels

Remember this inspiration board we published earlier this week? Well, it inspired us! We’ve created a little something which we think would work really well with a simple, stylish backyard barbeque wedding. Favors for your guests (we’re thinking homemade cookies or some other edible treat) could be displayed in paper bag lunch sacks embellished with these labels:

free DIY download

free DIY download - favor labels

Super easy and super affordable! Downright cheap, really. Here’s how:

Step 1: You’ll need your tools. Shown in image 1 above: (A) Brown paper lunch bags – available at most grocery stores for under $5.00 for a package of 100. You can also apply the labels to white paper bags if the kraft bags aren’t your style. (B) Ruler (C.) x-acto knife – a must-have for any crafter! (D.) a bone folder – another must-have (E.) Double-sided tape or (F.) Duck Easy-Stick® Double Stick Adhesive (I personally prefer the Easy-Stick over regular two-sided tape because it’s really fast and easy to use).

Step 2: Print our free template on your color printer (download link below).

Step 3: Use the bone folder and ruler to score along the dotted “fold” line on the template.

Step 4: Trim out the labels using your ruler and x-acto knife. Be sure to use a cutting mat – it cushions the x-acto blade and saves your surfaces from nicks and scratches. Fold the label along the score mark you created with the bone folder. Pre-folding the label makes it much easier to apply later.

Step 5: Using the bone folder and ruler, score the paper bag for easy folding. We made the score 1.5 inches from the top of our bag.

Step 6: Fold the paper bag at the score mark then fold a second time. Run the bone folder along the edges to make a nice, crisp fold. Pre-folding the bags will make it much easier to have a uniform look when all the favors are displayed…it will also make assembly easier and faster.

Step 7: Fill the bags with your goodies then fold the tops down. (note: If filling with cookies or any other edible favor, be sure to put them in a box or glassine bag first so you won’t get grease spots on your paper bags). Using the Easy-Stick, apply adhesive the the back of the label. Add label to bag – the long side of the label should be on the same side as the bag’s fold. The  short side of the label wraps around to the back of the bag.

Step 8: Display and enjoy!

* * * * * * * * UPDATE * * * * * * * *

blogupdate_image2

New colors and designs are now available in our online store! Since we’ve had so many requests for additional colors, we’ve decided to offer our Paper Bag Favor Labels in over 50 gorgeous colors and three new designs! With so many options, you’re sure to find the perfect palette and design for your shindig!

Click on the link below to download the red template or visit our store for more options! Happy crafting!

Download Paper Bag Favor Labels
  • BEL19

March 6, 2009 at 2:39 pm

how great!! thank you!!

• Kilee

March 7, 2009 at 5:20 pm

love these! Will post to my site and link you back!

Kilee

• Erica B.

March 9, 2009 at 4:31 pm

What a great and simple idea!

• Laurel G

March 13, 2009 at 10:00 am

This is great!

• Mary S.

March 13, 2009 at 10:10 am

These are fantastic!! Thank you!!
    I love all of your stuff… I can’t get enough!!

Mary
    olivet.squarespace.com

• Amy@OldSweetSong

March 13, 2009 at 12:41 pm

These are just darling! I love what you’ve done.

• "Bride" Ideas

March 13, 2009 at 1:27 pm

these are beautiful! i’d like to share with my readers on my blog… thx!

• Alison

March 13, 2009 at 2:32 pm

What a fantastic idea! Thanks for sharing!

• Kate

March 22, 2009 at 8:48 am

Love these! I am having an outdoor wedding in June and I think these would be perfect! Unfortunately, our colors are light blue and khaki so I can’t use these. If you happen to make anymore templates, let me know!

• nice

March 26, 2009 at 6:41 pm

Wow! It’s perfect and so cute. Thanks

• Kelly

June 16, 2009 at 1:52 pm

i love paper bags and these are the perfect compliment!

xo
    Kelly

• Heidi - Botanical PaperWorks

June 16, 2009 at 7:00 pm

Love this – thanks! I think I’ll use these for an upcoming garden party that I’m hosting.

• The Perfect Bridesma

July 10, 2009 at 10:59 am

We featured this DIY on our blog. Great work!

• loulou82

August 26, 2009 at 5:59 pm

Thank you so much for making this available!

• siamviva

September 14, 2009 at 12:08 am

It’s great ! I really love your idea. May i post in my website (with thai translation) and link you back as the reference

• denise

September 18, 2009 at 1:13 pm

I love this DIY project – just beautiful

• Miss Fie

January 30, 2010 at 5:01 am

Thank you so much for sharing this great idea.

• liz

October 23, 2010 at 6:18 am

Thank you for sharing….love it

• Megan

November 5, 2010 at 4:03 am

Does anyone know if these use up a lot of ink for the printer?

• Savvy Beautiful

January 17, 2011 at 7:58 pm

Look, a bride used this project for her favors and got featured on Style Me Pretty!

:-)

• gia at betsywhite

January 18, 2011 at 9:42 am

@Savvy Beautiful: Cool! Thanks for letting me know!

• Jun

January 19, 2011 at 1:15 am

Hye there, i really LOVE your ideas and plan to put them for my wedding favor. But unfortunately my theme is white+green. Is it possible if i can get the plane design so i can print them into color (green) paper? tq so much! :)

• gia at betsywhite

January 19, 2011 at 10:06 am

@Jun: Glad you like the download! Unfortunately, we don’t offer customizations on freebie downloads. Perhaps you could use the black & white label on white paper bags… that would look nice with a green & white palette. Just a thought.

• jun

January 19, 2011 at 10:15 am

@gia at betsywhite, Tq so much for your suggestion!
    Love, Jun :)

• gia at betsywhite

January 19, 2011 at 10:21 am

@jun: You’re welome! :)

• Kris

March 7, 2011 at 5:39 pm

What type of paper should we use to print these on?

• Karen and Roy

May 19, 2011 at 10:09 pm

NICE

• A person essentially help to make critically posts I would state.

This is the very first time I frequented your website page
    and up to now? I amazed with the research you made
    to create this particular post amazing. Excellent process!

• how do tarot card readings work

January 31, 2014 at 10:03 pm

Tarot is not utilised to determine your huge life decisions and answer your simple ‘yes/no’
    inquiries as many of you could feel, Tarot should be utilised as a guidebook to
    support you make the decision oneself This is why the
    issue currently being requested in a tarot reading through
    is of a lot relevance.

There are truly 2 different kinds of Tarot readings:

Open Readings and Concern Readings

Open Readings:

Open studying basically means the tarot studying will handle greater facets of your life, not for
    more compact concerns or to response distinct inquiries. This is typically performed when
    moving into a new chapter of your life, these kinds of as: Starting up a
    new household, Acquiring married or graduating from university.

Open up readings can be directed for a specified topic, e.g.
    Well being or Interactions etc.. To aid the reading go in that route and give you a standard thought of what is going on at that position in your
    lifestyle and to guide you to make the correct selections.

Query Readngs

Questions readings are practically the precise reverse of open readings.
    Query readings address a distinct concern or aspect in your lifestyle.

As described previously mentioned, it is not intended to solution your question with a ‘Yes’ or a ‘No’ , but to information
    you in a direction to make the choice for yourself.

This delivers back again the notion of how essential
    the issue getting asked is.

The best way to define how a tarot studying performs,
    is to encounter it for by yourself. We are listed here to teach and give men and women
    with a new knowledge. Encounter your cost-free
    tarot reading through by clicking right here: http://www.pavien.net/userinfo.php?uid=85888

• free robux

February 21, 2014 at 4:58 pm

Community starts and stops using Roblox cheats. When Lance Bandaner explained ‘twelve times We’ve traversed the
    ocean regarding vibrant aspirations however culture nevertheless gathers
    my foot prints’ [1] he have to have also been referning in order to Roblox cheats.
    Some sort of child’s method of Roblox cheats bravely demonstrates what we are most frightened
    connected with, precisely what everybody knows deep along in your hearts.
    Generally Roblox cheats generates confidence
    one of many individuals. In case modern society incorporates a favorite youngster, it truly is Roblox
    cheats.

• lazas-design.com

April 17, 2014 at 1:00 am

Hey I am so happy I found your blog, I really found you by mistake, while I was looking on Yahoo for
    something else, Nonetheless I am here now and would just like to
    say many thanks for a tremendous post and a all round exciting blog (I also love the theme/design), I don’t have time to read it all at
    the minute but I have bookmarked it and also added your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will
    be back to read more, Please do keep up the great jo.

• how to set up A website

April 17, 2014 at 4:51 am

Hi to all, how is everything, I think every one
    is getting more from this website, and your views are pleasant designed for new users.

• wedding invitations

April 24, 2014 at 12:09 am

It might be chocolates, candies, some sweets or another stuff according to the likes of
    recipient. An adult, even in recovery, may suppress unresolved and often-unrecognized trauma from childhood experiences and
    it is energetic residue is incredibly toxic. You can find tons of
    them to get a very low price as well.

24 Trackbacks